Identity theft is as real as it gets these days. Here are some precautionary measures that you can take.
- Avoid using the same password on multiple sites: Try your best to keep unique passwords for multiple sites. If you use the same password and username on a less secure site then it is possible that your data, if stolen, will also make your account on a secure site vulnerable.
- Avoid generic names: Simple words as passwords or usernames can be easy for hackers to guess, they only need to know some basic details about you.
- While using Gmail, implement the two-step verification system: It will prevent logic from your account from unknown devices if a hacker tries to login from any other device than the one that you normally use. Google will send a code to your mobile number in this case, which of course will be received on your cell phone. Using this method will restrict hacker as he or she would need your cell phone to proceed further.
- Create a long password that only you know. “It is raining but it is dry inside” this is an example of a long password, it is nearly impossible for a hacker for guess such password hence rendering extra security to your account.
- Do not use personal information in your password:Your personal information is normally known to people you know, like your kid’s name or your date of birth. So do not use such personal information as your password.
- Often change your passwords.Frequently change your passwords and make it a habit.
My Tax Help MD is one of the best platforms where you can get all kinds of IRS tax help and settlement services. Having a team of professional tax consultants, we provide diverse IRS tax debt resolution service. We can help you in file delinquent tax returns, audit representation, tax lien, payroll issues, and plenty of other tax concerns.