If you need to get past tax returns, here is the guide that will help you through in getting these records:

Method of requesting Transcript Copy of Past Tax Returns

Sometimes the taxpayer does not need an exact copy of past tax returns but just a transcript can help them. A transcript contains most of the information from the original tax return.

Transcripts are available for the following IRS tax forms:

  • Form W-2
  • Form 1099 series
  • Form 1098 series
  • Form 5498 series

You can request IRS to send you the copies or send them directly to the third party on your behalf. In most cases, you can request a transcript for up to 3 years ago. Most requests are processed within 10 days after the IRS receives your request.

Method of requesting Copy of Past Tax Returns

There is a $50 fee for each tax return that you request from the IRS.

Copies are available for the following IRS tax forms:

  • Tax Forms 1040
  • 1040A
  • 1040EZ

Time duration can be stretched back to 6 years ago. Copies of other types of tax forms may be available for longer than 6 years.

Method to get a copy or transcript of your past tax returns

  1. Use IRS Tax Form 4506-T named Request for Transcript of Tax Return
  2. You can request transcript online at the IRS websiteby clicking on “Order a Transcript”
  3. Simply call 1-800-908-9946.

My Tax Help MD is a professional tax resolution providing platform that can provide you meaningful IRS tax resolution services. We have helped many Americans in dealing with their tax filing and payments. If you have a busy schedule or you can’t handle the process required for your tax file, you better consult us to get the things done in a professional manner for you. We provide the best tax audit help in the United States.

Call us at 888-557-4020 or contact us online at https://www.taxhelpmd.com/contact-us/