Tax season is here and it is no wonder that our work tables are piled high with tax-related paper work. With so many tax forms like Tax Form 1040, to file your personal taxes, or your W-2 Form from your employer, there are a number of different tax forms you might overlook.


Here are some of the different tax forms you didn’t know about.


Form W-2G

There is a famous slogan, ‘What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas’ which is true, except when you win money. Form W-2G is used to report gambling winnings of $600 or more in a single session.


Tax Form 1040X

If you need to correct your tax return, then this is the form to use. This form can be used for corrections regarding additional withholding, adding or removing dependents, changing your tax deductions or reporting additional income.


You do not need to file this form, if there are any mathematical errors on your tax return.


Form 8822

If you have recently moved, then this is the form to report your change of address to IRS.


Tax Form 4868

If you are unable to file your tax return by the due date, then you can file this form to get a 6-month extension of time to file. However, it should be filed by the due date of your original tax return date. You will need to give an estimate of your tax return along with this form.


Form 1098

If you have a mortgage, then this form can be filed to report a mortgage of $600 or more paid to your lender. This may be used as an itemized deduction.



Tax Help MD

Have trouble keeping up with the number of tax forms you have to fill? No need to stress yourself. Dial 888-632-4506 and connect with our experts at Tax Help MD for consultation.

 Call 888-557-4020 or contact us online at